Fifteen Trees has been around for a while now (7 years) and is growing! To date, Fifteen Trees has helped plant over 73,000 trees in all states of Australia and now across to New Zealand. While most of our customers are Australian, we can call ourselves truly international, with customers from the UK and the USA.
Established in 2009, the company operates with 2 women at the helm along with a host of native nurseries and community groups.
Director – Colleen Filippa
- Bachelor of Education (Environmental Science),
- A member of Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project (coordinator for Central Highlands),
- Studying Climate Change (via Coursera) at Melbourne University,
- Teaches at Earth Ed and ACU.
- Landcare volunteer with Bald Hills and Leigh Catchment,
- Half arsed vegetarian and bike commuter.
Project Manager – Sonia Mahony
- Bachelor of Natural Resources,
- Many years experience working at Ballarat Water Commission.
A good tree planting company (such as Fifteen Trees) will ensure:
- Permanency. Your trees will be well planted and protected. They are planted for the long term.
- Additional Planting. Your trees are planted in addition to what was going to be planted.
- Transparency. This will be achieved via the website where you will be able to view your trees and read some of the stories behind the groups who have planted your trees.
- Credibility. Those who plant your trees are connected with established community groups such as schools and universities, Landcare groups or environmental groups.